The Certified Risk Expert (CRE) certificate is a type of professional certification that demonstrates an individual's knowledge and skills in the field of risk management, analysis, and assessment.
Obtaining the Certified Risk Expert (CRE) certification can have a significant impact on an individual's career prospects and the future of risk management. With the increasing complexity of business operations and the growing need to manage risk effectively, the demand for skilled risk management professionals is likely to increase in the future.
The CRE certification is provided by the Global Association of Business & Management (GABM.us), which is based in the United States and specializes in membership and professional certifications for the business and management field.
- Introduction to risk management
- Approach to risk management
- Risk assessment
- Risk response
- Risk strategy
- Risk culture
- Risk governance
- Risk assurance
- Definitions and usefulness of risk and risk management
- Characteristics of a risk that need to be identified
- Options for attaching risks to various attributes of an organization
- Features of compliance, hazard, control, and opportunity risks
- Origins and development of the discipline of risk management
- Characteristics and benefits of enterprise risk management
- Principles and aims of risk management and its importance to strategy, tactics, operations, and compliance
- Key outputs of risk management, including mandatory obligations, assurance, decision making, and effective and efficient core processes
- Key stages in the risk management process and components of a risk management framework
- Best-established standards, including ISO 31000, the COSO ERM cube, and the IRM standard
- Importance of establishing context as the first stage of risk management
- Importance of risk assessment and common risk assessment techniques
- Options for classifying risks and established risk classification systems
- Risk response options and types of controls
- Importance of insurance and business continuity planning
- Importance of dynamic business models, corporate social responsibility, and risk architecture
- Risk management manual and allocation of risk management responsibilities
- Control of selected hazard risks and learning from controls
- Key features of a risk-aware culture and components of risk maturity.
- Only 60 Multiple Choice Questions
- The passing score is 70% or higher
- The exam duration is 120 minutes
- Retake the exam unlimited times within 90 days
- No additional charges for retaking the exam
Benefits of CRE
- Improved job prospects and career advancement opportunities
- Increased knowledge and expertise in the field of risk management
- Ability to better identify and assess risks in various contexts
- Enhanced credibility and professionalism in the workplace
- Opportunities for networking and professional development
WHO ARE INTERESTED?
- Risk management professionals, including risk managers, analysts, and consultants.
- Individuals seeking to transition into a career in risk management.
- Professionals working in related fields, such as insurance, finance, and compliance, who want to broaden their skillset and knowledge.
- Individuals looking to demonstrate their expertise and competence in risk management
- Organizations that deal with risk, such as financial institutions, insurance companies, and government agencies.